EventVenueFB

The International Building

In 1907, the International Harvester, dealer of tractors and 'motor trucks,' built its regional headquarters here on Asylum. They also built this building, in the late 1920s, mainly as a truck-repair facility. When they left in the '30s, Great Atlantic Shoe moved into the older building; the newer one became a warehouse for the Hartman Beverage Co., when they were best known for 7-Up, but were developing a recipe for a clever new drink they called Mountain Dew." -Jack Neely